327 Pupils
  Sixth Form
  Boarding & Day 
  Rural setting

Stonar offers a traditional British boarding and day education, in beautiful rural surrounds, for boys and girls aged 2–18. One of its key aspects is the combination of an academic and equestrian education.

Stonar combines an impressive all-round academic programme with a wide-ranging curriculum and a wealth of extra-curricular activities that includes, but is not limited to, one of the best school facilities for aspiring equestrians in the UK.

At Stonar, we have a great mix of nationalities - 80% of pupils are British and the remaining 20% come from 16 countries, with no single nationality dominating. We are multicultural and inclusive without any language cliques.

Stonar is a non-selective but discerning school, welcoming a wide range of abilities. It has been consistently ranked in the top 5% of all UK schools for value-added results for 7 years running. This means young people typically outperform all expectations. Stonar was recently rated in the top 7 of UK schools for STEM subjects and achieved 100% pass at GCSE with 47.7% A* to A grades in 2017.

Stonar's excellent, recently upgraded facilities include all-weather sports pitches, theatre, fitness suite, music school, swimming pool, dance studio, three boarding houses and a superb Sixth Form & Arts Centre.

As part of the NACE group of 22 schools worldwide, Stonar pupils enjoy participation in cross-curricular international events including Model United Nations, sports galas, music festivals, academic Olympiads, multi-language learning and overseas exchanges. This helps prepare students for a global future.

Stonar's internationally-renowned Equestrian Centre enables riders to bring their horses to school or loan a school horse. Tuition is available for all levels from beginners to Olympians.

Each pupil is challenged to fulfil their potential and to excel in academic, artistic, sporting and cultural fields. The careers advice programme helps pupils to take their place in the world with a sense of responsibility, confidence and a thirst for learning.

Set in 80 acres of stunning parkland and gardens, Stonar is close to the World Heritage City of Bath in the South West of England. Despite being just 8 miles outside of Bath, it is in a beautiful rural estate, safe and away from traffic and the distractions of city life. Stonar is within 1.5 hours of London Heathrow, and has easy access to the mainline rail networks and Bristol International airport.

Contact Information

  Cottles Park, Atworth, , England, SN12 8NT

  01225 701 741





Fees: £4,950 – £10,425 for Senior and £2,750 - £6,650 for Junior

The Head:
Dr Sally Divall

Listing has no Video